Sunday 25 March 2007

BCM shop

My wife and I went to London on Wednesday, and while there we went to the British Chess Magazine shop, it is chess heaven :). I could have bought loads and loads, but we decided on two books so wouldn't have loads to lug around. We got 'Chess Tactics for kids' by Murray Chandler. I initially thought it would suit the wife, but soon realised it would be very useful to me too. We also got Winning Chess Tactics by Yasser Seirawan. These should keep us occupied for a bit.

While I've been off work, I've been playing online quite often, and have enjoyed playing blitz a bit more than usual. I could never complete a game in the 5mins without making major blunders, but am handling it a bit better now. I'm not sure whether I'll be entering the Nottingham Chess Congress yet, I'd love to, but the date could be clashing with when we'll be moving into our new house. Will have to wait and see.

No comments: